Improvement and Innovation Board Objectives:
· To ensure councils have the help they need to innovate and improve their performance by working in partnership with sector bodies and other national level improvement organisations;
· To deliver an effective programme of sector-led support, including peer challenges, productivity, leadership development programmes, tools to share comparative performance data, sharing good and innovative practice, in line with the MoU with DCLG on sector led improvement.
· To provide a strategic framework within which other LGA Boards provide improvement support so that it is coherent and coordinated at the point of delivery.
· To maintain an oversight of performance in the sector and support councils facing performance challenges; and;
· To influence the performance framework within which local government operates to achieve significantly less inspection, intervention, and central targets and support stronger local accountability through effective scrutiny, greater transparency and user assessment. DCLG grant funding for improvement will only be used for the purpose set out in the MoU and will not be used to lobby parliament, government or political parties.
The Board membership detailed below has been appointed effective from 1 September 2018 through to the end of the LGA meeting cycle at the end of July 2019.
Support officer: Anna Jennings. 07584273764 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
18 Smith Square