The Local Government Association (LGA) Executive plays a coordinating role, providing strategic direction to the association's work through the business planning process. It is advised by the LGA Leadership Board and holds the programme Boards to account.
The LGA Executive is made up of both voting and non-voting members, with the meeting being chaired by the LGA Chairman.
· the office holders of the LGA;
· the chairs of the boards/portfolios;
· one representative of each of the regional groupings and of the Welsh LGA; and
· additional members to balance political proportionality.
· representatives of the County Council's Network, District Councils Network and Special Interest Group of Municipal Authorities; and
· a Local Partnerships representative.
The membership detailed below has been appointed effective from 1 September 2019 through to the end of the 2019/20 meeting cycle on 31 July 2020.
Support officer: Alexander Saul. Email: Alexander.Saul@local.gov.uk / 020 7664 3232