Improvement and Innovation Board Objectives:
· To ensure councils have the help they need to innovate and improve their performance by working in partnership with sector bodies and other national level improvement organisations;
· To deliver an effective programme of sector-led support, including peer challenges, productivity, leadership development programmes, tools to share comparative performance data, sharing good and innovative practice, in line with the MoU with DCLG on sector led improvement.
· To provide a strategic framework within which other LGA Boards provide improvement support so that it is coherent and coordinated at the point of delivery.
· To maintain an oversight of performance in the sector and support councils facing performance challenges; and;
· To influence the performance framework within which local government operates to achieve significantly less inspection, intervention, and central targets and support stronger local accountability through effective scrutiny, greater transparency and user assessment. DCLG grant funding for improvement will only be used for the purpose set out in the MoU and will not be used to lobby parliament, government or political parties.
The membership detailed below has been appointed effective from 1 September 2021 through to the end of the 2021/22 meeting cycle on 31 July 2022.
The Equalities Advocate for the Improvement and Innovation Board is Cllr Liz Green (Board Vice-Chair, Liberal Democrat).
Support officer: Jonathan Bryant. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - 07464652746
18 Smith Square