The Fire Commission provides a forum for all authorities in voting membership or associate membership of the LGA with a responsibility for fire and rescue to come together to:
· discuss matters of common interest and concern;
· represent the views and concerns of the fire community in relation to fire service modernisation;
· take the lead on day-to-day policy issues affecting fire authorities;
· exchange good practice; and
· influence the priorities and activities of the LGA.
All fire authorities in full or associate membership of the LGA have the right to representation and voting on this commission in accordance with paragraphs 21-24 of the LGA Governance Framework.
Additional members from fire authorities are appointed as necessary by the political groups to ensure political balance on the Fire Commission.
The Fire Commission is led by the Fire Services Management Committee which reports to the Safer and Stronger Communities Board. For more information, see the Fire Services Management Committee.
The Board membership detailed below has been appointed effective from 1 September 2020 through to the end of the LGA meeting cycle at the end of July 2021.
Support officer: Jonathan Bryant. Email: Jonathan.Bryant@local.gov.uk
Local Government House